Board index    

Japan Earthquake / Tsunami

General off-topic chat

Japan Earthquake / Tsunami

Postby Zero86-Sk » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 am

I'm sure you guys heard about the 7.9 (Although CNN stated it was a 8.9) Magnitude earthquake and the following tsunami that hit Japan and flooded several cities 11. march 2011.

I Just wanted to create a thread to discuss this and saying I hope as nanny people as possible will survive and I feel sorry for the people and there families that lost someone that day.

Also news on Twitter now goes around that Satoshi Tajiri (The Creator of Pokemon) died in the earthquake This is just a rumour right now) hope it's not true.
Click here to enter the Bunch of Players Blog to read gaming news, reviews and more
Zero86-Sk
Questie

Re: Japan Earthquake / Tsunami

Postby Bri » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:50 am

As I understand it there's also a threat of a nuclear disaster.

One of Japan's nuclear power plants had the cooling system malfunction and right now they're trying desperately to keep it cooled down until they can fix the cooling system. Apparently they've evacuated everyone in a 12 km radius around the plant just in case.

My good wishes to all in Japan; the US stands with you in the face of this disaster.
Sins are very desirable... as long as no one judges you for them.
Judge of the First Annual JQStyle Christmas Contest 2010
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby brutus87 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:53 am

I want to say that power plant had an explosion earlier this morning. That sucks.

Also, no official word on Masashi Kishimoto, creator of Naruto. I'mma gonna be pissed if he dies before they finish that series T_T
brutus87
True Quest Fan

Postby Chukkz » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 am

It is still unclear what is happening, why is happening and what will happen... basically the only things that are clear are:

1. The outer hull of the building is collapsed (but TEPCO says the container is intact and they try to cool it furthermore with seawater so the thing does not ultimatively burn through, noone knows though if its not already doing exactly that)
2. There has been radioactivity leaking though as long as the wind blows to sea there is no direct harm for the inner country (and hopefully its less enough so it gets lost on its way over the ocean so it does not reach any other countries)
3. On a good note, the reactor in Chernobyl used graphite for the cooling system which burned for days and launched particles very high into the atmosphere so they could spread all across europe and further. The Fukushima reactor uses basically watercooling which can not burn so that probably won't happen. On a bad note it contains more radioactive material then Chernobyl so the close effects could be way worse.

Its really fucked up, I hope they manage to get rid of that situation without the shit blowing up because that is the worst that can happen now.

Also what pisses me off are these 2012 idiots who now go on every video and scream "THE END IS NIGH!"
D_D No it is not you fuckheads. Its a natural disaster, they happen once in a while EVERYWHERE. Not only in our century. The nuclear aspect is just a very bad sideeffect but that is manmade, God, The Devil or anyone else had nothing to do with it, blame the suits.
Chukkz
True Quest Fan

Postby Bri » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Yeah, conspiracy theorists piss me off.

There're a bunch saying that HAARP caused the earthquake and subsequent tsunami (although they never say WHY it targeted Japan); there are even some saying that President Obama ordered it so he could justify flooding the Hawaii birth records building in order to hide his true origins (i.e. in their diseased, deluded minds, Kenya).

Get the FUCK over it you IDIOTS; there have been WORSE earthquakes before (although I heard a report saying this is the seventh worse earthquake in recorded history, and is unfortunately the worst one with human casualties; the other six were in unpopulated areas) and there will be worse earthquakes again. It's called NATURE, and she can be a bitch.
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby brutus87 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:18 am

I found out that a ton of idiots on facebook are saying something to the effect of "Awww, couple of hundered Japanese are dead cause of an earthquake. Two words; PEARL HARBOR!"

Seems a lot of people think we shouldn't help out, and that the Japanese are getting what they deserver for starting shit in WW2.

IT pains me how stupid people can be
brutus87
True Quest Fan

Postby Bri » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Please tell me these idiots won't breed... please oh please oh please...
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby Andrea » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:17 am

Japan is going through SO much right now T_T
¿Dónde están los fans de JQ?
Bri's choice winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Andrea
Goddess of JQ

Return to The Hang Out