Board index    

Pain!

General off-topic chat

Pain!

Postby Bri » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:28 am

Most of you probably know this already if you pay attention to my Facebook... but I had a wisdom tooth removed on Wednesday.

Fucking OW. It hurt like hell immediately after the local wore off, and it still aches even now (although that's partially because of how hard the dentist was pulling on my jaw and cheek to get at the damned thing). Plus side is, I got some lovely pain meds (vicodin and percoset) and I seem to be recovering okay; I just got back from a quick follow up with my dentist to check and see if there's a clot in the tooth socket and I'm healing okay, which I seem to be. Haven't been eating much over the past couple of days due to the pain and unwillingness to get something caught in the open hole in my gum, but aside from that and the mild lingering pain I'm in, I seem to be fine.

I'm crossing my fingers that I don't suddenly develop dry socket; from everything I've read, that shit HURTS.
Sins are very desirable... as long as no one judges you for them.
Judge of the First Annual JQStyle Christmas Contest 2010
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Re: Pain!

Postby brutus87 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Yes. Yes it does. Dry sockets are fucking evil. been there, done that, wish to God I could forget it. I'm sorry to hear about your not quite botched tooth removal. It's not fun even when it does go 100% fine :( *hug*
brutus87
True Quest Fan

Postby Bri » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:37 am

Well it wasn't 100% fine; the tooth required a lot of drilling and only came out in pieces reluctantly. The dentist also accidentally sliced my cheek with the drill, which necessitated a couple of stitches in my cheek. Bleh. My gum has also gone somewhat numb, but that's probably due to the fact that he had to cut it in order to get at the rest of the tooth, so I have stitches there too. Getting them removed on Wednesday.
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby Bri » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:39 am

New irritation!

Fucking STITCHES. Do you have ANY idea how irritating it is to have stitches on your inner cheek that ITCH like HELL while the cut is healing? And because it's on the inside of your cheek, you can't... fucking... SCRATCH them? GAH!

Plus, the way he stitched it, my cheek is sort of attached to my gum at the moment, I think. Meaning every time something pulls on my cheek, my gum get irritated. Grrrr.... Wednesday cannot get here soon ENOUGH for me!
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby Andrea » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:01 am

I feel your pain so badly! I got dry socket 3x last year. D: and stitches in your mouth are really annoying. I had an oral surgery a few years back, and it was really annoying.

How are you doing now?
¿Dónde están los fans de JQ?
Bri's choice winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Andrea
Goddess of JQ

Postby Bri » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:34 pm

Mostly healed, although it still hurts to chew on the left side. I think the bone hasn't finished remodeling. The hole is still sort of there in my gum too; mostly filled in with soft tissue, of course, but still a depression in my gumline. I hope it fills in further soon and allows me to start chewing on that side; I hate only being able to chew with one side of my mouth. Plus, I have cold sensitivity in my teeth on the left side; hurts like a bitch when I drink something cold.
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby Andrea » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:19 am

I had a bone graft on the left side of my lower jaw when they removed a tooth.. This was um.... hmmm... 5 years or so ago. It still hurts to chew.

Not to be negative about it. D:

I've since had one on the right side too and a second on the left. All of those symptoms I still have though. I am hoping you don't have the same problem.
¿Dónde están los fans de JQ?
Bri's choice winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Andrea
Goddess of JQ

Postby Bri » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:00 pm

I've only got one more wisdom tooth anyway. Never developed the bottom two; I only had the top two, and the one on the right is still covered by bone.
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby brutus87 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Even tho only one of my teeth was a threat to possibly impact, all three of mine were removed back in um, 10th grade. I still have depressions in my bottom jaw at the back of my teeth on both sides. Doesnt hurt, doesnt really go dry socket, but they're there
brutus87
True Quest Fan

Return to The Hang Out