Postby brutus87 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Irene Adler.

And I'm 3 weeks behind at this point.
brutus87
True Quest Fan

Re: Elementary

Postby Bri » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Ay-yup.

Just watched the most recent episode. I won't say what happens (although we do learn a bit more about Irene), but I'll tell you what bums me out about this episode.

There isn't going to be a new one next week!!!!! :ohno: :x :evil:

I checked the schedule, and it doesn't look like it's being supplanted by anything important, so I'm MAD!!!! Grrrr.....

It'll probably be back the following week I'm sure, but I am still MAD!!!
Sins are very desirable... as long as no one judges you for them.
Judge of the First Annual JQStyle Christmas Contest 2010
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby brutus87 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:44 am

Ya, they do that from time to time. Annoying, isint it?

I might go see if i can catch up some this weekend, on either on demand, or huluplus
brutus87
True Quest Fan

Postby Bri » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:16 am

So speaking of Sherlock Holmes, I found a book you may want to check out. No, doesn't have Holmes IN it, but apparently the author took a lot of inspiration from Holmes for one of the main characters. Plus, the story is set in a steampunk/sorcerous version of London called Londinium, where steampunk technology combines with sorcery on a regular basis. I quite enjoyed it myself. It's called The Iron Wyrm Affair, by Lilith Saintcrow; from all appearances it will end up being the beginning of a series of books featuring Emma Bannon (Black sorceress) and Archibald Clare (mentath (aka the Sherlock Holmes inspired character)). I think you'd like it a lot.

I'm caught up through this week on Elementary, and I'm really beginning to enjoy it quite a bit. Lucy Liu hasn't QUITE measured up yet as a decent Watson, but one of the major things I am enjoying is the fact that Holmes appears to be manipulating things so that she will be staying with him after their time is up, despite her plans otherwise. It's extremely interesting to see the battle of wits between them; plus, there are some elements of Watson beginning to shine through here and there, so I am getting more confident that eventually it will be the partnership you'd expect.
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby brutus87 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:13 pm

The battle of wits between the two has been interesting. I particularly like the minor character that Holmes may end up having as his sponser. He was a fun little guy, and I hope hes more then just a bit part.

As for The Iron Wyrm Affair, its sitting over on my book shelf. read it a bout a month or so ago. It was a good little read. Theres another series, newbury and hobbes. Similar line of work, steampunk and occult. I'd check it out if you liked the Iron Wyrm Affair.
brutus87
True Quest Fan

Postby Bri » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Muchas gracias!
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby Bri » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 am

Okay, so... we have now come to the point in the series where Watson will be staying with Holmes. I have to admit I quite liked how they handled it; plus, Lucy Liu is FINALLY becoming a legitimate Watson. She's still got a bit to go before I call her truly effective, BUT... there is improvement there.

I found the most recent episode particularly amusing, considering Lucy Liu's experience with various action films and apparent martial arts experience (according to her biography on IMDB, she practices Kali-Eskrima-Silat (knife-and-stick fighting)); Holmes is awkwardly concerned with Watson's ability to defend herself following the previous week's episode where her life was threatened, so he tries to get her to take self-defense lessons and "tests her reflexes" by occasionally throwing objects at her. I swear, every time I see Jonny Lee Miller in this role I am struck by just how well he is portraying Holmes; I could TOTALLY picture Holmes being that awkwardly concerned for JOHN Watson's well being, so being concerned about JOAN Watson really works. Plus, the scene where he asks her to being his companion, rather than his SOBER companion, is oddly touching while still allowing Holmes to be Holmes. All in all, I think this show is well on the way to becoming renewed for a second season, which I LOVE. And hopefully I didn't just jinx it by saying that! *knocks wood*
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Postby brutus87 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm back to being behind again :( so i havent seen any of that yet. I look forward to it, after a fashion LOL.

and randomly throwing thins, eh? Reminds me of inspector clouseau and his butler....
brutus87
True Quest Fan

Previous

Return to TV and Movies