Board index    

DWTS: All-Stars

Chat of TV and movies

DWTS: All-Stars

Postby Bri » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:26 pm

So I don't know if anyone on here is watching this season, but I am, and thus far I am greatly enjoying the trip down memory lane plus getting a chance to see stars I didn't see perform because I missed the season they were on for one reason or another. Some of my all-time favorite performers are back, definitely; Drew Lachey, Emmitt Smith, and Gilles Marini to name a few (oddly enough, I just realized all three of those guys were partnered with Cheryl Burke in their respective seasons; guess that's my bias towards her coming out, since she's my all-time favorite of the professionals on the show). However... there is one person on the show that I wish was not chosen, because I personally believe that she did not deserve it based on her performance during her original season on the show.

I'm referring to Bristol Palin. Now, I will give her credit where credit is due; she is much better at the dancing this time around. But she is so fucking BLAND in comparison to the other dancers; I mean, you have people who have won Olympic medals (Apolo Anton Ohno and Shawn Johnson), Superbowl titles (Emmitt), are actors who've won awards in their respective shows and fields (Gilles Marini and Kirstie Alley and Kelly Monaco), or are at the very least known the world over, sometimes for infamous reasons (Pamela Anderson); please tell me what the fuck Bristol Palin has done besides exploit her mother's momentary time in the spotlight and show off her mother's hypocrisy at the same time regarding "abstinence", as well as screw up her child's formative years by subjecting the poor boy to being on her travesty of a reality show (which I'm not even sure is still on the air, for Pete's sake). She's boring, she fades into the background the moment she's done dancing, and I barely remember her performance except to note that she did better this time than the last time she was on the show. I hated that her mother's popularity got her to the finals last time ahead of far more talented dancers and professionals, and I am desperately hoping that does not happen this time around. I will say; she was "in jeopardy" this time, which is DWTS-speak for "you didn't get enough votes to entirely offset your relatively poor scores", but Pamela Anderson got sent home instead, and while Pamela's not my favorite person on the show, she's still got more going for her in pizzazz and sparkle than Bristol does. What people see in this chick, I do not and will never know.

Okay, got that off my chest... *LOL*
Sins are very desirable... as long as no one judges you for them.
Judge of the First Annual JQStyle Christmas Contest 2010
Bri
Goddess of Perversion

Re: DWTS: All-Stars

Postby Andrea » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 am

I haven't watched dancing with the stars in a few seasons.... but now I know that it has a fedw returns that I liked, I may put them back in my queue. I looove Pamela Anderson. She is so gorgeous.
¿Dónde están los fans de JQ?
Bri's choice winner of July 2010 Clique Fan Art Contest
Andrea
Goddess of JQ

Return to TV and Movies